Monday, September 7, 2015

Current Fave Review: Lucas' Papaw Ointment

Why you gotta be so gooooddd???

Oh! Am I too late to try this awesome product? I know it's been around the market for ages but just because I've got too many lip balms I'm always skeptical to try this one. Until. Until. Until this winter season when I had this worst dry lips ever, I couldn't apply lipstick because it gets too dry and flaky. I've tried a lot of lip balms, done regular lip scrubs and used my good old Vaseline petroleum jelly -  but none of them work. So I finally  decided to buy this Lucas' Papaw Ointment, after I bought it I applied it right away and told myself "Ok, let me see how good you are!". What an amazing product because on that same day I waved goodbye to my dry lips nightmare.


Now let me tell you more about this product. As you can read this product claims to be a local topical application for boils, burns, chafing, cuts, cracked skin, gravel rash, splinters, open wounds, insect bites and nappy rash.

PACKAGING

About 5 inches red squeeze tube container and weighs 25g. It has a cap to cover the mouth of the tube which makes it great to keep it away from unwanted foreign elements. It's not too big to include in your make up bag, won't spill or leak very handy to carry everywhere.


CONSISTENCY

Light thickness consistency with milky smell which I think is the smell of fermented papaya. It has the same texture of a petroleum jelly as it is base on pharmaceutical grade Petroleum. Contains a fresh fermented fruit and potassium sorbate. Looks quite yellowish but turns clear once applied.

APPLICATION

I used this product for my lips as this is where it is popular to use. One thin layer is enough to remove the dryness of your lips. It has a quick reaction cause in few minutes dry areas will feel soft and smooth. I used it daily after I brushed my teeth, before I apply my lipstick and it is also part of my night routine.

PRICE

It retails about 6 - 13 NZD, depends on where you buy it. It is available in any drugstore and skin care isle of groceries here in NZ. I got my one from my workplace pharmacy for NZD 10. It's very cheap for an awesome and effective product.

*My personal verdict is that it's really a great product for the lips because it has maintain my lips to have an even and smooth base for the application of my other lip products (specially the matte lipsticks). I love it and I will continue to use it as part of my daily routine.

How about you guys? What's your current fave lip product?

A local topical application for boils, burns, chafing, cuts, cracked skin, gravel rash, splinters, open wounds, insect bites, and nappy rash. - See more at: http://anavictorino.tumblr.com/post/50419173306/review-lucas-papaw-ointment#sthash.OM1VmtNP.dpuf
A local topical application for boils, burns, chafing, cuts, cracked skin, gravel rash, splinters, open wounds, insect bites, and nappy rash. - See more at: http://anavictorino.tumblr.com/post/50419173306/review-lucas-papaw-ointment#sthash.OM1VmtNP.dpuf
A local topical application for boils, burns, chafing, cuts, cracked skin, gravel rash, splinters, open wounds, insect bites, and nappy rash. - See more at: http://anavictorino.tumblr.com/post/50419173306/review-lucas-papaw-ointment#sthash.OM1VmtNP.dpuf
A local topical application for boils, burns, chafing, cuts, cracked skin, gravel rash, splinters, open wounds, insect bites, and nappy rash. - See more at: http://anavictorino.tumblr.com/search/lucas+papaw#sthash.BMfgwSXK.dpuf

 Til' next time everyone. Take care.

Love,
Faye



No comments:

Post a Comment